Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Simple Soup......

My Simple Soup

Ingredients:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Garlic
Celery
Onion
Chicken Stock
Zucchini
Squash
Brussell Sprouts
Mushrooms
Northern White Beans
Kidney Beans
Whole Wheat Pasta, Quinoa or Brown Rice
Garlic Salt to taste

Use a large stock pot to cook your soup in. Begin by adding a tablespoon or so of EVOO in the bottom of your pot. Next add chopped up onions, celery, and garlic. (I use already minced garlic at Costco) Saute this in your pan for a couple of minutes. Next add your chicken stock.

Now it is time to add in all of your chopped veggies, your beans and your whole wheat pasta, quinoa or brown rice. If I add whole wheat pasta, I break the pasta up into little 2 inch pieces or so. If I want to add quinoa or brown rice, I pre cook that ahead of time before adding it in. You now want to bring your soup to a boil. Once it begins boiling, turn it down to simmer and at this point I add a little garlic salt to taste and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes. Once the soup is finished simmering, I taste it again to see if it needs any extra seasoning or not. Be creative! Add whatever seasonings you like.

This soup takes no time to make, but it is nice to make on a weekend and then you will have leftovers throughout the week. It is great to pair it up with a salad for lunch or with a lean protein source for dinner.

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment